Sunday, February 1, 2009

#013 HAZEL GLOW MARTINI - PRAY TO THE MONK

So the ball-and-chain has been politely poking and prodding me all week to post one of my Frangelico classics, as it’s been quite some time since I’ve contributed. Truth is, I’ve been scaling back on the drink in an attempt to get in shape (I’m the New Year’s cliché). My night time routine has shifted. While Blonde Mav sips a killer Apple Martini, I unwind and nurse a Double Chocolate Whey Protein Shake. Mmm. But all good diets include a “cheat day” and I plan to take full advantage of that concept this weekend. It's the Super Bowl in case y'all haven't heard. Here’s what I’m mixing…


The Hazel Glow Martini is crafted to show off its two big players: Frangelico and Licor 43. [Blonde Mav and I have already voiced our undying love for Licor 43 in this post. It’s an excellent liqueur that seems to be getting more prevalent. Be sure to check it out, and at some point we’ll do a head-to-head for Licor 43, Tuaca and Navan. Tangent complete.] Both liqueurs are very sweet so it’s important to use them modestly. I’ve posted my preferred ratios, but feel free to fiddle around. The Monk (a.k.a. Frangelico) is forgiving...

The Hazel Glow Martini
1.5 ounces Premium Vodka
0.5 ounces Kashmir Liqueur (Vanilla Vodka-Cognac Blend)*
0.5 ounces Licor 43
0.5 ounces Frangelico


The sweet vanilla notes slide over the tongue first, followed by a big note of hazelnut with a few hints of citrus. Savor, pray to the monk and bask in the glow! 

Bye.
Blonde Meres

*Regular cognac will do just fine.

4 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

This sounds yummy. I was also excited to see you mention Tuaca. I have had that a few times, mostly in a lemon drop type of drink, but was never quite sure what else to do with it. This is a great blog!

M said...

Thanks for commenting CJ. I'm glad you enjoy our blog. Tuaca has become a staple in many of our drink recipes. It's not quite as sweet as Licor 43, (which we Looove btw), but sometimes you want something a little punchier which I think Tuaca brings to the table.
Look for a new post soon!
Mav

hoo hoo said...

I like adding Frangelico to my coffee. It give me the warm fuzzies.

M said...

hoo hoo
I have to agree that Frangelico gives me the warm fuzzies too!